Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cards for June by Christine

Thanks for stopping by today. I have some cards to show you. The first one was a Father's Day card that I made. I loved using the flag to start my title. I used a lot of pop dots as well to add some dimension. Finally I added some texture by sewing a straight stitch around the circle.


The next card that I created is perfect for a new neighbor or a friend that has moved. I used Victoria's Street again on this card. I love that each of these cards use the same paper pad but are created for such different purposes. I colored the stamped image from Victoria's Street with my Copic markers, BG10, BG13 and E33, and stamped the sentiment with Rich Cocoa Momento Ink.

My last card was created with Flaming Butterfly. This paper is so beautiful and vibrant. I just love all the paper flowers that are being created with punches so I thought I would try my hand at one. I punched several flowers in different papers from the line and then curled the edges of the petals in different directions. Then I sprayed it with some Shimmerz Vanilla Spritz for a little shine. I punched a hole through all of the layers and held everything in place with a corduroy brad. I wanted to keep the focus on the flower so I just added some faux stitching with my black journaling pen and a stunning white and black polka dot ribbon.

I always love sharing my cards with you but I would really love to see the cards that you have created with any of the Nikki Sivils paper lines and embellishments. Leave a comment with your blog address so I can take a look.
Have a great day!! Christine

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Christine!! These are JUST GORGEOUS!! LOVE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sarah said...

Oh how cute!!! Love them all!!

Linda Beeson said...

Wonderful, that flag on the first card really is an adorable accent and your idea is great. LOVE that flower on the last one.

Carina Lindholm said...

I just love your cards, they are super cute!!

01 09 10